County Offers August Business WorkshopsAugust 20, 2013, 2:45 PM HST · Updated August 20, 4:13 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The Maui Office of Economic Development released a list of free workshops offered in August.
The workshops are presented at the Maui County Business Resource Center, located at the Maui Mall in Kahului.
Seating for all workshops is limited, and can be reserved by calling the Resource Center at 873-8247.
The following workshops are available during the month of August:
- Business on the Grill with Maui Business Brainstormers: Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013, 12 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall Ste. B-9. Free. Meet other business owners/managers, share and learn with thought-provoking questions, answers and coaching. More info and RSVP here: www.meetup.com/MauiBusinessBraintormers
- How to Market Your Business on Facebook: with instructor Nicole Fisher. Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, 12 to 1:15 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall Ste. B-9. During this free workshop, participants will learn how to use a Facebook “Business Page” to market a business by connecting your Facebook page to your Website, Twitter, Linkedin, or YouTube. In addition, this workshop will cover the difference between a Profile Page vs. a Business Page, how to build apps, do postings, future posts, and timelines. Nicole “nico” Fisher is an energetic entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience. She is presently a Marketing Strategist, Social Media Consultant and Trainer and is passionate about taking businesses from good to great through various marketing avenues.
- QuickBooks for Small Business: with instructor Richard Kehoe, CPA, on Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, 5 to 8 p.m. Cost is $45. Learn to set up your company’s QuickBooks in a small class setting with personalized tutoring. This class is for new users and will teach you how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices, and balance your checkbook. Instructor Richard Kehoe, CPA is a lead Service Corps of Retired Executives counselor. Follow-up appointments are offered at no cost.
- Build Your Business Through On-line Customer Reviews: with instructors Bob and Josh Sommers. Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, 12 to 1 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall Ste. B-9. Free. Bob and Josh Sommers, founders of the Internet Marketing Association of Hawaiʻi and the creators of the Five Star Review System, will demonstrate how to become the most trusted service provider in your industry through the acquisition of 5-star customer reviews and referrals. Over the course of this presentation participants will discover: How to dominate the first page of Google with multiple listings; The easiest way to acquire 5-star reviews from your customers; How to easily increase the number of customer reviews by 100%; How to generate referrals even when you forget to ask; and How to make it super easy for your happy customers to promote your service to their friends.
- Affordable Care Act, Health Insurance and My Business: with instructor Nikki Baysa on Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013, 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center Ste. B-9. Free. This workshop will help participants to understand some of the basics of the Affordable Care Act, Small Business Health Options Program, the Hawaiʻi health insurance marketplace and the small business tax credits. Participants of this workshop will also learn about low cost and no cost health insurance coverage for individuals, families and part time employees. For small business employers and self-employed individuals, County officials say this workshop is a must to also learn how to offset the cost of employees’ health insurance premiums to add to your revenue. Nikki Baysa is the Program Specialist for the Hawaiʻi Health Connector.
***Supporting information courtesy County of Maui, Office of the Mayor.