9 Vehicle Break-ins on Maui Aug 18 to 24, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of nine vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between August 18 and 24, 2013, police said.
The incidents included the break-in of a variety of vehicles in: (2) Kahului, (1) Nāpili, (5) Wailea, and (1) Wailuku.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, 12 p.m.: Pākaula Street at Home Depot. 1999 Red Chevy Cavalier.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, 2:38 p.m.: Lalo Street. 1993 Gray Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- Monday, Aug. 19, 2013, 5 p.m.: Lower Honoapiʻilani Road at The Breakers parking lot. 2005 Tan Chevy Equinox.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013, 9:30 a.m.: South Kīhei Road at Keawakapu Park. 2011 Black Ford Ranger.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013, 9:30 a.m.: South Kīhei Road at Keawakapu Park. 2006 Red Chevy Trail Blazer.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, 2 p.m.: Mākena Road at Mākena Landing. 2004 Blue Honda Accord.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, 6:36 p.m.: Wailea Alanui Drive at the Grand Wailea Hotel. 2009 Gray Toyota Tacoma.
- Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, 11:45 a.m.: 2012 Silver Chevy Spectrum.
- Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, 1:26 a.m.: Lower Main Street at Tiffany’s Bar. 1996 Blue Mazda Miata.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.