7 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Sept 15 to 21, 2013September 27, 2013, 2:00 PM HST · Updated September 27, 2:22 PM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of seven vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between Sept. 15 and 21, 2013.
The cases include incidents in: (1) Kahului, (3) Lahaina, (1) Māʻalaea, (1) Nāpili, and (1) Wailea.
One of the vehicles has since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013, 6 p.m.: Puʻunēnē Avenue. 1987 Creme Toyota SR5. License: MNY159. VIN: JT4RN50R6H0250889.
- Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, 11:01 p.m.: Waineʻe Street at the Spinnaker Apartments. 2013 White Honda motorcycle/moped. License: 204MVR. VIN: JHZAF5813DK102648.
- Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, 7 p.m.: Luakini Street at the Crossroads apartments. 2006 Silver Schwinn motor scooters moped. License: M76186. VIN: LD5TCBPA361102820.
- Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013, 1:30 p.m.: Kapunakea Street. 2000 Blue Yamaha motorbike.
- Monday, Sept. 15, 2013, 5 p.m.: Māʻalaea Harbor at the Hawaiian Dredging work site near the Honoapiʻilani Highway. 2002 White Ford pickup truck. License: 870TPY. VIN: 1FTPF17L72NB83017.
- Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013, 4 a.m.: Kūpele Place. 1992 Red Mazda B2200. License: MYM456. VIN: JM,2UF3136N0300445.
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013, 7:15 p.m.: Mākena road at Chang’s Beach. 1997 Gray Toyota Tacoma. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Information provided by Maui Police.