Applications Available for Maui Boards and CommissionsNovember 26, 2013, 1:14 PM HST · Updated November 26, 1:32 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
Maui Mayor Alan Arakawa announced the availability of applications for various vacancies on the county’s boards, councils, commissions and committees.
The positions are voluntary and are for terms ranging from two to five years.
Responsibilities include: hearing public testimony, reviewing policies and standards, and making recommendations.
Positions are appointed by the mayor, and are subject to County Council confirmation.
Applications are available online at the Maui County website, and are due by Dec. 31, 2013.
Applications are being accepted for the following boards and commissions:
- Affirmative Action Advisory Council
- Animal Control Board
- Board of Ethics
- Board of Variances and Appeals
- Board of Water Supply
- Civil Service Commission
- Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Committee on the Status of Women
- Cost of Government Commission
- Council on Aging
- Cultural Resources Commission
- Fire and Safety Commission
- Hāna Advisory Committee
- Kula Agricultural Park Committee
- Lānaʻi Planning Commission
- Liquor Control Adjudication Board
- Liquor Control Commission
- Maui County Arborist Committee
- Maui Planning Commission
- Maui Redevelopment Agency
- Molokaʻi Planning Commission
- Police Commission
- Public Works Commission
- Real Property Tax Review Board
- Salary Commission
- Urban Design Review Board
- Workforce Investment Board
Applications should be mailed to: Mayor Alan Arakawa, County of Maui, 200 South High Street, Ninth Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793, or faxed to (808) 270-7870.