Wailea Restaurant Week Features $29, $39, $49 SpecialsMay 23, 2014, 3:38 PM HST · Updated May 26, 3:36 PM 0 Comments
By Vanessa Wolf
Wailea Resort is well known for award-winning culinary talent, delectable restaurants, celebrity chefs… and high prices.
That being what it may, your wallet may breathe a sigh of relief at the news that Wailea Restaurant Week kicks off this Sunday, May 25.
For one week, you can enjoy a variety of three or four-course, pre-fixe menus for $29 to $49 per person.
Lasting through Saturday, the 31st, this year’s event features the following 23 – the most ever – participating restaurants:
- Alan Wong’s Amasia
- DUO Steak & Seafood
- Fabiani’s Wailea
- Joe’s Bar & Grill
- Ka’ana Kitchen
- KAI Wailea
- Longhi’s Wailea
- Mala Wailea
- Manoli’s Pizza Company
- Matteo’s Osteria
- Migrant Maui
- Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman
- Morimoto Maui
- Mulligan’s on the Blue
- Nick’s Fishmarket Maui
- Pita Paradise Bistro Wailea
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Tommy Bahama
“Restaurant Week Wailea proudly supports the Maui Food Bank”, said Bud Pikrone, General Manager, Wailea Community Association.
He noted that each participating restaurant has agreed to make a $1 contribution to the Maui Food Bank for every pre-fixe entrée sold during the event.
“Over the years thousands of dollars have been raised from each Restaurant Week Wailea celebration for the Maui Food Bank and we look forward to helping again this May,” added Pikrone.
A full list of menus is available online, but offerings include:
SAMPLE $29 MENUS
- Eggplant Napoleon
- Arancini Five Manzo Ravioli with mushroom cream sauce or Pan Seared Chicken Breast, garlic mashed potatoes, sautéed asparagus and fresh lemon with beure blanc
- Tiramisu Cheesecake or Coconut Macaroon.
Joe’s Bar & Grill $29
- Shrimp Ceviche Tostada with salsa fresca, cilantro crema or Tomato and Cucumber Gazpacho
- Green Chili and Smoked Cheddar Buffalo Burger, or Island Style Fresh Fish Tacos (grilled catch of the day, mango- habanero salsa, shredded cabbage, avocado and dirty rice) or Baked Chicken Tamale Casserole (tomatillo salsa, sour cream, béchamel, dirty rice and black bean sofrito )
- Chef’s Selection dessert.
SAMPLE $39 MENUS
- Bottom of the Kalbi, or Blistered Shishito Peppers Choyu Choi.
- Pancit Noodles (stir fried vegetables, shiitake mushrooms, pork, shrimp, achuete and fried garlic), or Fat Chow Funn (roasted pork belly, achuete, pipinola shoots and parmigiano reggiano) or Saimin (Iwamoto saimin noodles, char siu, kamaboko and wafu dashi).
- Korean Fried Chicken (with peanut sauce, roasted peanuts and basil), or “Tocino” Filipino-Style Sweet Pork (with guava jelly and pickled Kula onions) or Hibachi Hanger Steak (with nouc cham, pickled shallots and watercress).
- Ube Ice Cream or Bibingka with magical (and now we really wonder what that means) peanut butter.
- Beef Tenderloin with wrapped asparagus, goat cheese and raspberry wine reduction.
- Mascarpone and Fig Ravioli with roasted beet & poached artichoke and brown butter sauce.
- Chianti-Wine baked pears with vanilla yogurt-ricotta crema.
SAMPLE $49 MENUS
- Kakuni (ten hour pork belly, rice congee and soy-scallion jus) or Whitefish Carpaccio (hot oil and mitsuba).
- Braised Black Cod, ginger-soy reduction or Morimoto “pork chop & apple sauce” (kimchee, bacon and ginger apple puree) or Angry Chicken (marinated organic half chicken and roasted peppers).
- Road to Matcha (Kula strawberries with white chocolate rocks) or Chocolate! (caramelized ganache, Cuban red bananas and lilikoi).
Alan Wong’s Amasia
- Aloun Watermelon Surfing Goat Dairy Chevre Salad or Maui Cattle Company Grilled Beef Satay with smoked lilikoi BBQ glaze.
- Kaffir Citrus Grilled Prime Hanger Steak (with cumin roasted Kula keiki carrots and sweet pea jalapeno crème) or Crispy Kauai Shrimp and Braised Pork Belly or Premium Sashimi “Donburi” Ahi (with Hamachi, Hawaiian Kampachi, Ebi, Saba and Uni. Yum.)
- Butter Mochi or Yee’s Mango Jelly Roll.
- Tagima Rib Eye Cap (Thai basil, chili-lime peanut) or Watermelon Salad (feta, horseradish, arugula, walnuts)
- Abalone Risotto with onsen egg, saikyo miso, shiitake salt or Kobe Shortrib with baby roots, bagna cauda and Prosciutto or Tofu “Steak” served with farm vegetables, Maui Olive Oil and faro.
- Coconut Haupia Cream Puffs.
Please note these specially priced menus are not combinable with any other discounts or coupons.
Diners should contact each restaurant directly for reservations.