19th Annual Maui Wedding Expo, June 21June 19, 2014, 11:52 AM HST · Updated June 19, 2:37 PM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
The Maui Wedding Association presents its 19th Annual Maui Wedding Expo on Saturday, June 21, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa in Kāʻanapali.
The event is free and open to the public with entertainment, wedding fashion shows, cake tasting, and door prizes planned throughout the day.
“We are very excited that the Sheraton Maui is hosting this year’s Maui Wedding Expo,” said Tambara Garrick, sales manager for Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Hawaiʻi and current president of the Maui Wedding Association.
“From coordinators and photographers to venues and caterers, you will find everything you need to plan your dream wedding at the Maui Wedding Expo — whether you are kamaʻāina or planning a destination wedding,” she said.
Garrick said the mission of the Maui Wedding Association is to bring together businesses to promote the advancement of the Maui wedding industry.
The 2014 event features top wedding vendors on Maui including: wedding coordinators, photographers, videographers, florists, ministers, officiants, catering, cake companies, restaurants, musicians, entertainment, venue representatives, limo companies, transportation options, bridal clothing, tuxedos, beauty selections, spa offers, travel and lodging packages, specialty products and services, rental equipment and wedding publications.
In addition to the ideas offered to individuals planning a wedding, vendors also gain professional growth through education and the sharing of ideas at the event.
2014 Maui Wedding Expo Entertainment Schedule is as follows:
- 10 to 11 a.m.: Myndi’s Bridal Fashion Show
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Mele Pono
- 12 to 1 p.m.: Manutea Nui E
- 1 to 1:30 p.m.: Elvis Burnin Love
- 1:30 to 2 p.m.: Tim O’Hara
- 2 to 2:30 p.m.: Lisa Porter
- 2:30 to 3 p.m.: Scott Baird and Nara Boone
- 3 to 5 p.m.: Shea Derrick and Full Flavor
The following tips are offered by the Maui Wedding Association for visitors to the upcoming Wedding Expo:
- Dress comfortably: Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. You’ll be doing a lot of walking.
- Bring pre-addressed mailing labels: including your name, address, phone number, wedding date, and email so you won’t need to fill out different forms at every vendor table you visit.
- Bring a camera: to take photos of the exhibitor booths and the showcase room.
- Bring a notepad and pen: In addition to taking notes, you may want to have some way to organize the business cards and brochures you collect during the expo.
- Collect everything at the show: You may not know that you’ll need it later.
- Catch the fashion show and listen to the entertainment: and take notes of attire and entertainment you like.
- Bring a tote bag: in case the one provided is not large enough or sturdy enough for you.
- Bring money: to purchase snacks and beverages.
- Take your time: It can be overwhelming to see more than 40 booths and speak to the vendors. Pace yourself to stay excited and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa’s parking structure will be available for self parking during the event at $1 for every 3 hours with expo validation. The Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa will also be providing property tours during the event.
Brides and grooms are invited to register to be entered into the door prize drawing in advance at the Maui Wedding Expo website.