Comments Accepted on Statewide Transportation Improvement PlanJuly 25, 2014, 1:15 PM HST · Updated July 25, 1:17 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The state Department of Transportation will be host a second round of statewide public informational meetings to discuss the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program for fiscal years 2014 to 2018.
The four year plan identifies state and county transportation projects to be funded, in part with federal highway and transit funds.
Department officials say results from surveys gathered at the first round of public meetings will be shared, along with information about the next steps.
Upcoming public meetings on neighbor islands are scheduled as follows:
- Pāhoa, Hawaiʻi: Monday, July 28, 2014, 6 p.m. at the Pāhoa Community Center
- Hilo, Hawaiʻi: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 6 p.m. at the Hilo State Office Building Conference Rooms A, B, & C
- Kamuela, Hawaiʻi: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 6 p.m. at the Waimea Civic Center, State Office Building Conference Room
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 6 p.m. at the Kealakehe Intermediate School Cafeteria
- Kula, Maui: Monday, August 4, 2014, 6 p.m. at King Kekaulike High School Cafeteria
- Kīhei, Maui: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 6 p.m. at Kīhei Elementary School Cafeteria
- Lahaina, Maui: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 6 p.m. at the West Maui Senior Center Cafeteria
- Kahului, Maui: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 6 p.m. at the Maui District Office Conference Room, located at 650 Palapala Drive
Comments may also be submitted by August 15, 2014 through: email at [email protected]; US mail at Highway Planning Branch, 869 Punchbowl Street, Room 301, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi 96813; or FAX to (808) 587-1787
More details can be obtained by calling (808) 587-6355 or by visiting the Hawaiʻi Department of Transportation website at the following direct LINK.