Celebrity Chefs to Cook Live at Hawaii Food and Wine Festival
By Vanessa Wolf
On Sunday, August 31, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa in Ka’anapali will play host to the Festival’s signature Maui event.
On the heels of the weekend’s Ka’anapali Fresh event, Ka’anapali Kitchen Stadium: Under a Maui Moon, the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival Gala Dinner offers a chance to continue the splurge.
Guests can anticipate a front row seat as master chefs prepare a six-course menu, each comprised of Hawaii-grown products.
Participating chefs include
- Greg Grohowski, Executive Chef of Hyatt Regency Maui.
- Isaac Bancaco of Ka’ana Kitchen at Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort.
- Ming Tsai of Blue Ginger and television programs East Meets West and Simply Ming.
- Floyd Cardoz, winner of Bravo’s Top Chef Masters and was most recently executive chef of West End Grill in Battery Park City, NY.
- Bev Gannon of Bev Gannon Restaurants
- Mourad Lahlou of San Francisco’s Aziza.
“We are so honored to be a part of the festivities of both Ka’anapali Fresh and Hawaii Food and Wine,” said Allan Farwell, General Manager of Hyatt Regency Maui.
“Our resort has a long history of emphasizing fresh and local food,” he continued “and to be able to showcase our philosophy in a signature event for both of these renowned festivals is extremely exciting. We are looking forward to see what these six talented chefs have to offer in Kitchen Stadium.”
In the spirit of celebrating the back-to-back culinary festivals, Hyatt Regency Maui offers guests traveling to the resort for the events a special offer – the Maui Foodie Getaway package, available August 24 to September 6 of this year.
Admission to the Ka’anapali Kitchen Stadium event must be purchased separately, and tickets are $500 per person for VIP and $250 per person for general admission.
VIP tickets include a pre-event meet and greet and cocktail reception with the featured chefs and winemakers and preferred seating.