Maui Pools, Parks Offices to Close for Training, Sept. 12
By Maui Now Staff
The County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation announced it will be closing all Maui Island county swimming pools, park district permit offices, and park administrative and staff offices on Friday, Sept. 12, 2014.
The closure is all-day, and is being implemented to allow for “all-employee” staff training.
The closure also affects the Lānaʻi District office, which will be closed on Friday, Sept. 12.
Facilities that will NOT be affected by the employee training day this week include the following:
- Waiehu Golf Course will be open
- all County beach parks will be open;
- lifeguards will be on duty as regularly scheduled;
- community centers will be open for permitted activities as scheduled; and
- CORA-permitted commercial activities will be held as scheduled.
County officials say offices and facilities on the island of Molokaʻi will be open and will not be affected by the training day closures.