New Branding for Wailuku to be Unveiled at First Friday Event
By Maui Now Staff
Wailuku welcomes November, kicking off the festivities surrounding the upcoming Thanksgiving Day holiday with its monthly Wailuku First Friday event tonight, Friday, Nov. 7, 2014.
This month’s theme, “Wailuku with Thanks,” celebrates the event’s seventh year of monthly community town parties.
The evening includes the launch of new banners, a new website, and a new brand and image for Wailuku Town.
The “Small Town Big Changes” unveiling will take place at 7:15 p.m. at the Maui Thing stage with Maui Mayor Alan Arakawa.
Other event highlights include:
- Curt Yagi Trio: live music at the Maui Thing stage at 6 p.m.
- Sounds of Addiction: live performance at the Maui Thing stage at 7:30 p.m.
- Maui 8 Track Players: live music at the Wailuku Banyan Tree park at 6 p.m.
- Joel Katz, Hawaiian Steel Guitar: live music at 33 North Market Street at 6 p.m.
- Jamie Gallo: live music at Wailuku Coffee Company from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Live Hawaiian music: at the Beer and Wine garden benefiting Kumu AʻO , Inc.
- 1948 film “Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House”: an American Institute of Architects, Scholarship fundraiser. Tickets are $10 advance or $13 at the door of the Historic ʻĪao Theater at 7 p.m.
- Tea Cupping & Tasting: at Recarte Holt & Roe Store at corner at market main at 6 p.m.
- Free Yoga Class: at 4:45 p.m., and free belly dance demo at Body Alive, on Main Street.
Admission to the First Friday in Wailuku Town event is free and runs from 6 to 9 p.m.