AAA Announces Maui County’s Diamond-Rated Resorts and Restaurants
By Maui Now Staff
AAA Hawai‘i has announced that two Maui hotels have earned its prestigious Five Diamond Rating, and 11 hotels and one restaurant in Maui County received a Four Diamond Rating. Diamond ratings are AAA’s highest awards, recognizing establishments with the utmost in style and refinement, as well as personalized guest attention and luxury amenities.
“These establishments consistently exceed the expectations of the most discriminating traveler–the AAA inspector,” said AAA Hawai‘i Regional Manager Liane Sumida. “We’re proud to have these dedicated businesses in our state. AAA Five Diamond and Four Diamond hotels and restaurants are committed to providing guests with a high-quality experience. We applaud everyone who works hard to exceed expectations of global travelers.”
The following Maui hotels received the AAA Five Diamond rating:
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – 1991
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua – 1996
The following Maui County hotels received the AAA Four Diamond rating:
- Travaasa Hotel Hāna – 2011
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa – 2012
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa – 1995
- The Westin Kā‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas – 2010
- Montage Kapalua Bay – 2014
- Four Seasons Resort Lāna‘i at Manele Bay – 2007
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort – 2014
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort – 1999
- Hotel Wailea – 2014
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui – 2002
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa – 2008
- The following Maui restaurant received the AAA Four Diamond Rating:
- Spago in Wailea – 2010
AAA ratings are determined by annual, unannounced inspections each year, reviewing grounds and public areas, rooms, ambiance and amenities, housekeeping and maintenance, as well as management, staff, and guest services. Establishments that meet all of the requisite criteria are rated between one and five diamonds.
For complete listings of AAA Diamond hotels and restaurants, visit AAA.com/Diamonds.