Annual Lobster-Fest Benefits Wailuku Rotary ClubFebruary 2, 2015, 7:05 AM HST · Updated February 2, 7:05 AM 0 Comments
By Vanessa Wolf
This Sunday, February 8 is the annual Lobster-Fest event.
Held in the MACC’s Yokouchi Pavillion, the “VERY casual affair” and New Orleans-themed feast benefits the Wailuku Rotary Club and offers music, beverages, a surprise auction and – you guessed it – lobster.
If you’re going for the food, plan to enjoy a menu featuring:
- Cajun Lobster and Roasted Corn Dip served with corn chips and lavash
- Crispy Shrimp Bundles with smokey dipping sauce
- Blackened Chicken with spiced aioli
- Chopped Romaine Topped with tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet Maui onions, sliced peppers, and garlic croutons with assorted dressings
- Traditional Steamed Live Maine Lobster from Kona served with drawn butter
- Corn on the Cob
- Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Jambalaya
New Orleans-Style Desserts
- Rum Raisin Bread Pudding with praline sauce
- Lemon Squares
- Sweet Pecan and Date Surprises
- Southern Pecan Bars
- Dark Chocolate Fudge
As you dine, the live jazz quartet Men in Black is on hand to provide entertainment. There is also a no-host bar with adult beverages (we predict Hurricanes) available for purchase.
The event starts at 1 p.m. and lasts until 4 p.m. and tickets are $100 per person.
Proceeds support the Ka Hale A Ke Ola Resource Center and Hui Malama, as well as the local and global charitable projects of the Rotary Club of Wailuku.