Kaiser Wailuku Welcomes New Cardiologist
By Maui Now Staff
Kaiser Permanente welcomed six new physicians and a certified nurse-midwife to its Hawaiʻi region, including cardiologist Dr. Kimble Poon, who joins the Wailuku Medical Office on Maui.
Dr. Poon is the only new physician based on the Valley Isle.
He earned his medical degree from Weill Cornell Medical College in New York, and completed his residency in internal medicine at University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center.
Dr. Poon also completed fellowships in cardiovascular disease at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA, and cardiac electrophysiology at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center.
He is board certified in internal medicine, cardiac electrophysiology and cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Poon joins more than 600 physicians and other health care providers within the state’s largest medical group, the Hawaiʻi Permanente Medical Group, which provides comprehensive care to Kaiser Permanente’s 240,000-plus members in Hawaiʻi.
Other new hires include:
- Nivin Aziz, MD, joins the nephrology department at Moanalua Medical Center, specializing in kidney care and diseases of the renal system.
- Colleen Finnegan, MD, a board-certified pediatrician and internist, will practice pediatric hospital medicine at Moanalua Medical Center.
- Anna-Lia Marilla, MD, MPH, is board certified in family medicine and will practice at Koʻolau Medical Office.
- Kelly Shimabukuro, MD, joins the hematology and oncology department at Moanalua Medical Center.
- Jayme Takahashi, MD, will specialize in diagnostic radiology at Moanalua Medical Center.
- Jennifer Wright, CNM, MSN, RN, is a certified nurse-midwife joining the obstetrics and gynecology department at Honolulu Medical Office.