Wailuku Salutes America at First Friday Town Party
Wailuku First Friday on July 3 will celebrate and salute the USA.
The Wailuku First Friday event is a free community street party showcasing Maui artists, crafters and food vendors.
- Body Alive on Main Street will offer free yoga at 4:45 p.m.
- Ashley Lilinoe will perform on the Maui Thing stage at 6 p.m.
- R&B Band Rare Vibration will feature Adisa Omar at the Wailuku Banyan Tree Park at 6 p.m.
- Enjoy an awa tasting at Native Intelligence on Main Street from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Cost is $10.
- ʻĪao Theater will offer a sneak peak of The Addams Family: A Musical Comedy at 7 p.m.
- Maui Thing will celebrate seven years with Crazy Fingers at its stage at 7:30 p.m.
ONGOING THROUGHOUT THE EVENING
- North Shore Art and Frame at 46 Market St. will celebrate its grand opening with giveaways.
- Hawaiian Music, Beer and Wine Garden sales will benefit Kumu A-O Inc.
- Don’t miss Harry Eagar’s live interviews on the Wailuku Cam.
For motorists, Market Street will be closed to through traffic beginning at 5:30 p.m. No cars will be permitted to park on the street and may be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking for the event at the facility’s lot near the Main/High Street intersection. Find the event with GPS by entering “Maui Thing, 7 North Market Street.”
Other town parties include:
- Second Friday – Lahaina
- Third Friday – Makawao
- Fourth Friday – Kīhei
- Fifth Friday will be celebrated on May 29 on L ānaʻi
For vendor information and to make reservations, contact coordinator Alan Taktani at (808) 281 2801.
For more information on Wailuku First Friday, call (808) 878-1888, or visit the “Wailuku First Friday” Facebook page to stay informed about the latest happenings.