MEDB Offers Business Entrepreneurial Psychology Workshop
Maui Economic Development Board will offer a workshop, “Minding Your Own Business: Entrepreneurial Psychology Basics and You,” on Tuesday, Aug. 4, from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Ste. 5 of the MEDB Malcolm Center in Kīhei.
The workshop will be led by prominent entrepreneurial psychologist Dr. Jennifer Johnston-Jones.
Dr. Johnston-Jones will help attendees explore “their own personal approach to business creation through the double lens of neuroscience and psychology.” Through hands-on, interactive activities, attendees will rediscover their strength, perseverance and creativity by overcoming perceived limits, then applying these hard-won lessons in building their businesses.
“During this seminar, attendees will experience live coaching and personalized attention, increased self-awareness, authentic networking, community building, a possible breakthrough, and laughter and fun,” said Frank De Rego Jr., director of Business Development Projects at MEDB. “We encourage all entrepreneurs to attend and learn from Dr. Johnston-Jones about how they can realize their true potential.”
- 9:30 to 10 a.m.: Registration and light continental breakfast
- 10 to 11:30 a.m.: Psychological Essentials of Startup Creation session
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.: Talk story and lunch
- 12:15 to 1:45 p.m.: Breaking Limits: Going Beyond Your Self-Imposed Constraints session
- 1:45 to 2 p.m.: Closing and surveys
- What you need psychologically to launch and run a successful startup
- The unconscious ways we self-sabotage and how to overcome them
- Alternatives to meditation to increase neurological growth
- How to get people to love you (and your company) with little effort
- How to overcome fear and procrastination
- How to increase creative thinking
- How to increase your confidence
- How to manifest your dream into reality
Admission is $20 per person, which includes a light continental breakfast and lunch. Advanced reservations are required, space is limited.
The workshop is part of MEDB’s Technical Assistance Series, a grassroots effort to help small businesses establish strong systems, processes, tools and best practices to build a solid foundation for success. The workshop is sponsored by the County of Maui, Maui Economic Development Board, and EntrepreneurShift.
The Malcolm Center located at 1305 N. Holopono St.
About Dr. Johnston-Jones
Dr. Johnston-Jones is an internationally acclaimed speaker, psychologist, executive coach and expert in the psychology of success. She is known for her ability to launch people of all ages and backgrounds to reach beyond their fears, to stop playing small and to manifest their dreams into reality.
She is the founder and CEO of EntrepreneurShift, an app and live event program which shifts the paradigm from a wealth-based model of success to Authentic Success (financial freedom paired with purpose, depth, and joy) via modern neuroscience. Dr. Johnston-Jones has a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and has studied at the University of Oregon, Alliant University, and UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute.