Maui Solar Project: Classroom Solar Air Conditioners Available
By Maui Now Staff
Local energy company Maui Solar Project is working to bring Hawai‘i’s students relief from the sweltering conditions in classrooms throughout the state.
Approximately 90% of the state’s classrooms have no air conditioning. In response to this fact as well as record-breaking temperatures statewide, Maui Solar Project is working to bring attention to a technology that is available today to address these challenges.
The Clima-teknologies Lezeti (low-energy, zero-emission technology) system is a unique, split air conditioner powered largely with energy from the sun. It can be deployed at fraction of the cost of central ducted air conditioning, is tax credit applicable and runs on about 10% of the energy at peak time than a comparable split air systems.
“This technology is applicable in a wide range of scenarios and should be utilized ASAP to create provide a healthy learning environment for our children,” said Maui Solar Project President Josh Porter. “I’ve seen technology like this emerge in the past and take years to be implemented. When it comes to our children, the luxury of waiting is not an option.”
According to a Maui Solar Project press release, Clima-teknologies Lezeti provides the following:
- HYBRID design utilizes a “smart-circuit” function that automatically pulls from grid as sunlight varies and voltage drops.
- DIRECT DC design allows direct solar PV power to run the unit with no inverter required, thus eliminating any loss of efficiency.
- AHRI CERTIFIED as an EnergyStar rated SEER21 Split System.
- ANTI-CORROSION coating for sea-salt protection and enhanced longevity.
- QUIET operation highly attractive for any type of setting.
- ANTI-MILDEW feature minimizes mildew growth in the evaporator for enhanced air quality and minimal routine maintenance.
- FOLLOW ME wireless remote for spot area cooling with a variety of presets.
- IONIZED air purification feature minimizes dust absorbed into the unit.
- ECO MODE lowers power draw for additional power savings (not functional during turbo mode).
- GREEN technology supports minimal impact on the environment by harnessing up to 90% renewable solar energy during peak sun hours to power this advanced Hybrid A/C system.
Maui Solar Project is an authorized dealer and installer of Clima-teknologies’ products in Hawai‘i.
For more information, call (808) 269-2352 or go online.