Maui Bus to Be Re-Routed During Maui Fair ParadeSeptember 21, 2015, 2:22 PM HST · Updated September 21, 2:22 PM 0 Comments
Maui Bus service will be re-routed and specific stops eliminated on Sept. 24, 2015 to accommodate the partial closure of Kaʻahumanu Avenue for the Maui Fair Parade.
The County of Maui Department of Transportation announced the following changes:
Lahaina Islander (Lahaina Bound)
• Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Wells Street and Waikapū stops from Queen Kaʻahumanu Center heading to Lahaina.
Kahului Loop Route #5
• Eliminating the 3:38 p.m., 4:38 p.m. and 5:38 p.m. Wahine Pio/MACC stop from Queen Kaʻahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:41 p.m. and 5:41 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Kahului Reverse Loop Route #6
• Eliminating the 2:48 p.m., 3:48 p.m., 4:48 p.m. and 5:48 p.m. Wahine Pio/Maui College stop going to Queen Kaʻahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:45 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Wailuku Loop Route #1
• Eliminating the 4:37 p.m. and 5:37 p.m. Maui Memorial Medical Center and Maui Lani Parkway stops. Eliminating the 4:21 p.m., 5:21 p.m. and 6:21 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
Wailuku Reverse Loop Route #2
• Eliminating the 4:03 p.m., 5:03 p.m. and 6:03 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
The remaining bus routes will operate as normal with some deviation in street routing, but will continue to serve all other existing bus stops. Passengers are asked to expect delays in pick-up times due to the increased traffic during the parade.
Additionally, Maui Bus Commuter parking, normally allowed at the War Memorial Stadium parking lot, will be relocated to the Kahului Boat Ramp during the Maui Fair from Tuesday, Sept. 22 through Sunday, Sept. 27.
For more information, contact Roberts Hawaii at (808) 871-4838 or the County of Maui Department of Transportation at (808) 270-7511. General bus schedule information can be found on all County buses, and is available online.