Special Committee Meets Dec. 10 to Discuss County Manager Form of Government
A special committee established to review the county manager form of governance is set to convene for the first time on Dec. 10, at 1:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Council Chair Mike White announced today.
The council today passed Resolution 15-155, which established the 11-member special committee composed of:
- East Maui – Jonathan Starr
- Kahului – Renee Kehau Filimoeʻatu
- Lānaʻi – Linda Kay Okamoto (a.k.a. Kay Okamoto)
- Makawao-Haʻikū-Pāʻia – James J. C. “Kimo” Haynes III
- Molokaʻi – Paula Friel
- South Maui – Ray Phillips
- Upcountry – Doreen “Pua” Canto
- Wailuku-Waiheʻe-Waikapū – Anthony “Tony” Takitani
- West Maui – Tamara Paltin
- At-large – Madge Schaefer
- At-large – David “Dave” DeLeon
The committee is tasked with providing the council with a written recommendation on whether establishing a county manager form of government would improve management and operation of the county. Their deadline to do so is by June 1, 2016.
If a county manager form of government is the committee’s recommendation, a Charter amendment shall also be proposed to go on the 2016 general election ballot.
Testimony may be submitted to: [email protected]