Puamana Structure Fire Burns Single Unit

March 17, 2016, 8:17 AM HST · Updated March 17, 8:18 AM
0 Comments
×

Photo by Wendy Osher.

Photo by Wendy Osher.

A structure fire in Puamana on Tuesdsay night damaged an unoccupied unit of a four-plex that was under renovation, Maui fire officials said.

Maui Fire Captain Paul Haake said the cause of the fire was related to a battery charger for battery-powered construction equipment.

Authorities say the fire had self-extinguished because of lack of fuel and was contained to the unit of origin.

The incident was reported at around 10:15 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15, 2016, with crews from Lahaina dispatched to the scene for a possible hazardous materials incident.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Residents reported the incident after smelling an odd odor.  Fire crews arrived on scene and discovered smoke coming from the attic area of one of the units.

No injuries were reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

Print

Share this Article

BREAKING NEWS 
TEXT ALERTS
Sign up to receive important news alerts like tsunami warnings,
floods, traffic accidents, road closures and more.
Phone # (xxx-xxx-xxxx):
E-Mail:
 

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments