May Day Lei Contest Submission Deadline May 1
The Maui Historical Society, in association with The Haynes Family Foundation and the L.H. Dorcy Hawaiian Foundation is sponsoring the 2016 Lei Day Heritage Festival Lei Contest.
All age groups and abilities are invited to participate.
All contest submissions must be the contestant’s own original idea, newly completed, never entered in any other contests, exhibitions, or displays and must be conceptualized, created and completed solely by the contestant.
All entries will be judged and awarded by a panel selected by the Maui Historical Society staff.
Completed applications and waivers are due with the lei submission on or before Sunday, May 1, 2016, no later than 3 p.m.
Download the Lei Contest Rules 2016.
- DIVISION I EXHIBITION & DISPLAY Open to the public, one entry per person per category, no entry fee.
- DIVISION II LIVE PRESENTATION By invitation only, three lei entries, main stage presentation, no entry fee.
PRIZES Division I Exhibition & Display: Four prizes will be awarded in each category.
- Most Beautiful Overall $10 Prize Gift Certificate and One-Year Free MHS Membership
- Most Beautiful Honorable Mention Honorable Mention Ribbon
- Most Creative Overall $10 Gift Certificate and One-Year Free MHS Membership
- Most Creative Honorable Mention Honorable Mention Ribbon
PRIZES Division II Live Presentation, all contestants will receive one-year free MHS membership.
- Community Choice Award $50 Cash Prize
- Lei Day Overall Winner $200 Cash Prize