Parks & Rec Permitting Education Sessions Scheduled
The County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation will hold a series of DPR Permitting Education Sessions for fiscal year 2017.
These sessions will help the public understand the new permitting process that went to effect on July 1, 2016, after being approved by the Maui County Council earlier this year, specifically the implementation of Maui County Code 13.04A.
These policy changes will affect the process and timelines for recreation programs and league permits, gym and ball field facility requests.
These sessions will provide the public with the information they will need to ensure they know the process to obtain permits and access to parks and recreational facilities. The meeting dates, times and locations for the DPR Permitting Education Sessions are as follows:
– Aug. 18, 6 p.m. Lahaina Civic Center
– Sept.1, 6 p.m. Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center
– Sept. 8, 4 p.m. Helene Hall, Hāna
– Sept.15, 4 p.m. Mitchell Pauole Community Center
– Sept. 29, 4 p.m. Lānaʻi Community Center
– Oct. 13, 6 p.m. Waikapū Community Center
– Oct. 20, 6 p.m. Kīhei Community Center
DPR anticipates posting proposed administrative rules early in the fall of this year, which will additionally require a public hearing to be adopted.
To view the posting of the new Chapter 13.04A, visit the County of Maui website, select the Government tab then select Maui County Code under the Laws/Resolutions heading.