Construction Begins at New Kamalani Residential Community in Kīhei
Kamalani, a new residential community in South Maui, has selected Hawaiʻi-based general contractor Coastal Construction and commenced construction of the new residential community’s condominium homes. The first homes are expected to be completed by fall.
This community is envisioned to encompass approximately 600 homes in three neighborhoods in in North Kīhei, connected with parks; pedestrian and bike paths for jogging, walking and cycling; and a private community center.
A number of 2- and 3-bedroom condominium flats and townhomes in Kamalani’s first neighborhood are currently available for purchase, and feature private gated yards, gas appliances and high-speed fiber optic cable.
“We’ve been watching the foundation of Kamalani steadily take shape with all of the site work that’s been put in thus far – grading and infrastructure improvements like the roadway, curbs and sidewalks, and entry feature,” said Steve Baker, Realtor Broker of KW Island Living, project broker for Kamalani. “It’s really exciting to see the new homes get under way, and we are looking forward to residents moving into their finished homes this fall.”
Coastal Construction was established in 1973 and has built thousands of new homes for Hawaiʻi residents, becoming the first general contractor to implement steel framing for residential construction on a large scale in the late 1990s.
Kamalani is planned to be built in phases. The first phase is comprised of condominium flats and townhomes in the community’s first increment. Features of Kamalani’s new homes will include:
- a private, vinyl fenced yard for each home, including flats located on the second floor
- a full complement of major appliances including a refrigerator, gas range/oven and hood, washer and dryer, garbage disposal, dishwasher, and tankless water heater
- high-speed, broadband internet access
- energy saving features including insulation in the walls and roof, dual pane windows, and gas energy to power the gas range, dryer and water heater
- steel frame construction, for enhanced structural integrity, termite resistance and fire resistance
- reinforced concrete slabs and decorative concrete stair system for longevity
- solar attic vent at each second-floor unit of the stacked flats and naturally vented attics in the townhomes
- second floor engineered wood floor framing system, for enhanced stability
- SnapPower® USB port in the kitchen and LED lighting at entry and kitchen
- air-conditioning unit blockouts with dedicated AC plug in all bedrooms and living room.