Eat. Drink. Shop. Dance at Wailuku First FridayApril 6, 2017, 12:13 PM HST · Updated April 6, 12:16 PM 0 Comments
The April 2017 edition of Wailuku First Friday takes place this Friday, April 7, 2017. This free family event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Market Street. Admission is free and all are welcome.
- Girl Meets Boy on the Maui Thing Stage from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Meheu on the Maui Thing Stage from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Kanekoa performing at the Wailuku Banyan Tree Park from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Live Music by Super Dub Tribe in the Beer Garden featuring Goose Island Beer Company from 6 – 9 p.m.Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
- “Art on Market” featuring live music by Dan Saunders and pupus at 42 North Market Street
- Gallery Opening Celebration featuring Parker Detchon at Wailuku Coffee Company
- Launch of the Wailuku Wedding Shoe Collection to celebrate 16 Years in business and new Spring arrivals at If the Shoe Fits
- “Fresh Island Art” Island Inspired Art Show by Sean Baba at North Shore Art & Frame
HC&S Print Sales & A Hui Hou Merchandise All Proceeds for HC&S Displaced Workers at the Corner of Market & Main Street
- Cookie Corner Sales Benefiting the Maui High School Band
- Parking/Street Closure Info:
- Motorists are reminded that Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5:30 p.m. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at (808) 281-2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.SPONSORED VIDEO
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kamaʻāina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaiʻi Carpenters Union-Maui, Young Brothers KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC.
Friday Town Parties are now celebrated every week, every month in different towns across Maui County.