Wailuku First Friday Town Party: Cinco de MayoMay 4, 2017, 10:00 AM HST · Updated May 4, 10:33 AM 0 Comments
The May 2017 edition of Wailuku First Friday takes place this Friday, May 5, 2017, Cinco de Mayo. This free family event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Market Street. Admission is free and all are welcome.
· Dane, Kana and Lane Trio on the Maui Thing Stage from 7-8 p.m.
· Leylani on the Maui Thing Stage from 8-9 p.m.
· Nevah Too Late performing at the Wailuku Banyan Tree Park from 6-9 p.m.
· Live Music by Tflatz in a large open seating area (The Beer Garden featuring Landshark, Clamato and Bud Light for Cinco De Mayo has been cancelled due to issues with attaining a liquor license for the month).
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
· Classic Cars on Main Street starting at 6 p.m.
· Maui OnStage’s production of Aaron Sorkin’s “A Few Good Men“ at ʻĪao Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $20-$40. Go to www.mauionstage.com for more info.
· Art and Science info for keiki at ʻĪao Square
· At ʻĪao Square, Get Up & Dance! from 6:30-7:30 p.m. and Pound Posse Maui Dance Group from 745-845pm
· Launch of the Wailuku Wedding Shoe Collection to Celebrate 16 Years in Business and New Spring Arrivals at If the Shoe Fits
· North Shore Art & Frame “Champagne Anniversary” Fine Art Giveaway by Sean Baba
· View First Friday live with Harry Eagar on www.wailukucam.com courtesy of Kama‘aina Loan & Cash for Gold and The eBay Store
Parking/Street Closure Info:
Motorists are reminded that Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5:30 p.m. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at (808) 281-2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kamaʻāina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaiʻi Carpenters Union-Maui, Young Brothers KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC.
Friday Town Parties are now celebrated every week, every month in different towns across Maui County.