2018 Maui United Way “LIVE UNITED” Campaign Raises Over $1 Million
Maui United Way announced that it’s annual “LIVE UNITED” Campaign raised just over $1 million this year.
The funds raised will go toward 33
health and human services programs in Maui County.
More than 350 businesses and individuals who contributed to the fund raising effort.
“We extend our most sincere gratitude to you and thousands of individuals and businesses who have contributed their time, talent and money to Maui United Way. With your continued support throughout the last year, Maui United Way funding provided 36,358 non-profit services, 10,556 school supplies, and over 2,500 toys for keiki in need during the holiday season,” said Maui United Way President Kari Luna Nunokawa.
“Thank you for entrusting your support in Maui United Way, so that we may continue to address Maui County’s most vital needs,” said Luna Nunokawa.
Maui United Way held their 49th Annual Meeting and Recognition Luncheon at which eleven Mahalo Awards were given to outstanding businesses, agencies, and individuals who had contributed to MUW’s mission of empowering the community.
The award winners include the following:
- Cornerstone Award – Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.;
- Foundation of the Year – Bendon Family Foundation;
- Foundation of the Year – The Goodfellow Family;
- Spirit of Caring Award – Maui Electric Company;
- Campaign of the Year – Goodfellow Bros., Inc.;
- Bank of the Year – First Hawaiian Bank;
- Hotel of the Year – Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club;
- Partner Agency of the Year – Maui Adult Day Care Centers;
- Campaign Excellence Award – Maui Fire Department;
- Campaign Excellence Award – Macy’s; and
- Campaign Coordinator of the Year Award – Carrera Catugal.
Maui United Way also installed their new incoming officers, recognizing Cynthia Lallo of CLC Consulting as Board Chair, Mark Fornwall, retired, as Vice Chairman, Dean Duque of First Hawaiian Bank as Treasurer, and Mark Welling of Enterprise Holdings as Secretary.
During the event, Alexander & Baldwin made a $100,000 check presentation for the 2017-2018 campaign. The Matson Foundation kicked off the upcoming 2018-2019 campaign year by donating $10,000 to Maui United Way.
Maui United Way depends on the continued support of local businesses and community members to address Maui’s most vital needs. Organizers say that with each additional donation, “MUW gets one step closer to its goal of creating a better tomorrow.”