Maui Discussion

Ask the Mayor: How Do I Summon an Inspector in my Neighborhood?

July 24, 2018, 11:25 AM HST
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the most-asked questions submitted to his staff.

Dear Mayor Alan Arakawa,

Q:  My neighbor has his own mechanic’s shop in a residential neighborhood and I’ve told him to knock it off because there’s never any parking on our street because of all of the cars. I can also see some plastic gallon drums in the bushes that he’s trying to hide which are likely filled with oil or something. At this point he knows any complaints will come from me, so whatever.  I’d like to make an official complaint and get the county to send an inspector up there. How do I do that?

A:  Go to the county website or just click on this link: Fill out as much information about your issue as you can and the county will send an inspector to check out the property in question. Please note that our Request for Service or RFS page is used quite often and that they respond to issues in the order in which they are received. So please make fill out the form and send it in ASAP.

Want to ask the Mayor? Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa at [email protected], (808) 270-7855 or mail them to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793. Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments