Maui Discussion

Ask the Mayor: How Do I Volunteer for Tropic Care?

July 30, 2018, 1:57 PM HST
* Updated July 30, 12:03 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

Tropic Care. File photo courtesy, County of Maui/Ryan Piros.

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the most-asked questions submitted to his staff.

Aloha Mayor,

Q: I read about Tropic Care. As a medical professional I’d like to offer my services to the military if they need an extra hand. Where do I go to sign up?

A: That’s very kind of you but for training purposes the members of the military who are involved in Maui Tropic Care 2018 must do the technical work themselves; however, that doesn’t mean you can’t still help support the clinics by being a volunteer.

If you go to the Maui County website you’ll see we have a Tropic Care page, which you can also access by clicking the following link here:


Once on that page you will find a volunteer signup link and sign up for any one of the many shifts we have at the different Tropic Care clinic locations in Hāna, Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi, Central, South and West Maui.


Tropic Care begins on August 11 so please hurry and sign up if you are interested in volunteering. Mahalo for your interest.

Want to ask the Mayor?

Submit your questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa via email:[email protected], phone: 270-7855 or mail: 200 S. High Street 9th Floor, Wailuku, Hawaii 96793.  Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the Ask the Mayor column.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments