Applications Accepted for Maui County Boards and CommissionsNovember 14, 2018, 12:40 PM HST · Updated November 14, 12:40 PM 0 Comments
Applications are now being accepted through the end of this year for Boards, Councils, Commissions and Committees in Maui County due to expiring terms and vacancies. Applications are also accepted year-round to fill vacancies due to resignations.
Responsibilities include hearing public testimony, reviewing policies and standards and making recommendations. Positions are appointed by the Mayor, confirmed by the County Council and have terms lasting two to five years.
County officials say that while no monetary compensation is provided for serving on a Board or Commission, the public’s participation helps provide an important government service.
- Anyone interested in serving on a Board or Commission may apply online. Paper applications are also available at the County Building in the Mayor’s Office on the 9th floor, and in the Information Booth in the main lobby; at all public libraries; at Council Services offices on Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi and in Hāna; and at all Parks and Recreation Permit offices (Wailuku, Makawao, Lahaina, Kīhei, Hāna, Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi).
Paper applications should be mailed to: Mayor Alan Arakawa, County of Maui, 200 South High Street, Ninth Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793, or faxed to (808) 270-7870.SPONSORED VIDEO
Applications are being accepted for the following:
Affirmative Action Advisory Council
- Board of Ethics
- Board of Variances and Appeals
- Board of Water Supply
- Civil Service Commission
- Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Committee on the Status of Women
- Cost of Government Commission
- Council on Aging
- Fire and Public Safety Commission
- Kula Agricultural Park Committee
- Liquor Control Adjudication Board
- Liquor Control Commission
- Maui County Cultural Resources Commission
- Maui Planning Commission
- Maui Redevelopment Agency
- Molokaʻi Planning Commission
- Police Commission
- Public Works Commission
- Real Property Tax Review Board
- Salary Commission
- Urban Design Review Board