‘Īao Valley Cultural Tours Now Available
Ke Kula ʻO Piʻilani presents the opportunity to join their ʻĪao Valley Cultural Tours.
The cultural tours are from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. every first Saturday of the month.
The tours will include:
- A native plant tour
- Student driven cultural workshops and presentations
- Practitioner presentations
- A “then & now” history of ʻĪao Valley
- Community conservancy partner presentations
- Give back opportunities
- Made on Maui food for purchase
Each month will also implement a corresponding theme for the cultural tours.
- December 2018: Kalo
- January 2019: Kapa and Dyes
- February 2019: Lā’au Lapa’au (Hawaiian medicinal healing practices)
- March 2019: Kukui
- April 2019: Ulana and Kaula
- May 2019: Lei
- June 2019: Navigation
Tickets for each tour are $125 per person, with five kamaʻāina scholarship tickets per tour. Tour sizes are limited to 25 people, so early sign-ups are recommended.
For tickets and more information, visit: KeKulaOPiilani.org or call (808) 214-5006.