Maui County Gets $4.5 M in CIP Grant-in-aid
Maui nonprofit organizations secured $4.5 million in Capital Improvement Project (CIP) Grant-in-Aid funds.
These CIP grants are provided to local organizations serving the public and working to improve the state of Hawaiʻi,and are awarded for the purpose of construction projects or the acquisition of fixed assets such as land or buildings.
Grant-in-Aid CIP funding for Maui County includes the following:
- $100,000 for renovations, ADA compliance and energy efficiency for Ahupuaʻa O Molokaʻi
- $850,000 for a new Paukūkalo Clubhouse in Wailuku for the Boys & Girls Club of Maui
- $750,000 for a second building of the Hale Mahaolu Senior Housing Campus in Pukalani
- $200,000 to plan for the expansion of Hale Makua Health Services Kahului campus
- $250,000 to build the Hāna Health Rehabilitation and Support Center
- $300,000 to the Housing and Land Enterprise of Maui for affordable housing units in Lahaina
- $200,000 to Hui Noʻeau for improvements at the Bud Schaefer, John Hoxie Woodworking and Innovation Center
- $125,000 to build a new theatre at the Maui Academy of Performing Arts in Wailuku
- $500,000 for implementation of the Maui Arts and Cultural Center’s master plan
- $250,000 for a new facility and improvements at Maui Youth and Family Services
- $200,000 for modular buildings at the Montessori Hale O Keiki
- $75,000 to the Nāpili Bay and Beach Foundation, Inc., for removal of stairs and a new public access structure at Nāpili Beach
- $300,000 for a pavilion enclosure and other improvements at the Nisei Veterans Memorial Center
- $100,000 for renovations for long-term residential and service needs of adults at the Wisdom Center for Autism
- $350,000 to Wailuku Church for affordable housing plan and design
In addition to CIP Grant-In-Aid, Maui County and nonprofit organizations statewide also received operating Grant-in-Aid funds to assist with the day-to-day operations of their organizations.
The funds were announced as the state House of Representatives adjourned its 2019 session last week.