Wailuku First Friday Presents “Aloha Summer”
Wailuku First Friday presents “Aloha Summer” tonight, June 7, 2019. This free family event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Market Street. Enjoy live music and entertainment, art, local shopping, a variety of food and drink and more.
Live music and entertainment lineup:
Maui Thing Stage
6 to 7:30 p.m. Jordan Soon
7:30 to 9 p.m. HHB and Friends
Banyan Tree Stage
6 to 9 p.m. Nevah Too Late
5 to 8:30 p.m. Gene Argel
9 p.m. to 2 a.m. DJ TRVR
Art and Fun Stuff
Friends & Faire (1980 Main St. #4)
FREE paper lei making for the first 50 keiki
- Play Mystery Maui’s Escape Room’s 10-minute introductory game “Grouchy Grandma” for FREE. Only for First Friday goers. (80 N. Market St.)
- Live Painting with Taryn Alessandro on Cut Markets’ favorite fashions 5
- Used bra collection (anti-sex trafficking) at Perfection Bra Fitting Salon. (39 Central Ave.)
- Artworks and Paintings by Sean Baba (Fresh Island Art Gallery)
- Mark Lenvo Art Opening at Wailuku Coffee Company
- Costume Sale at MAPA
- Hawaiian Culture: “Come meet the modern day voyagers.” Hawaiian voyaging and navigation exhibit.
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party, held from 6 to 9 p.m., with Market Street closed to vehicle traffic from 5:30 p.m. Vendors, merchants and entertainers are reminded that Market Street closes at 5:30 p.m. For the safety of all participants, everyone’s kōkua is appreciated. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at (808) 281-2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is sponsored by: the County of Maui, Maui Visitors Bureau, Sae Design, Live Maui Real Estate LLC, Maui Thing, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, and Lokahi Pacific.
Check out Maui Friday Town Parties at www.MauiFridays.com for information on the County of Maui’s Office of Economic Development program.