Free Hula: Nā Palapalai at the MACC, June 21
Hawaiian trio Nā Palapalai will be joined by seven Maui hula hālau for a free performance at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center on Friday, June 21, 2019 at 6 p.m.
Participating hālau include:
- Kumu Hula Keali’i Reichel and Hālau Kealaokamaile
- Kumu Hula Nāpua Greig and Hālau Nā Lei Kaumaka O Uka
- Kumu Hula Kahulu Maluo-Pearson and Hālau Kamaluokaleihulu
- Nā Kumu Hula Iliahi and Haunani Paredes and Hālau Kekuaokalāʻauʻalaʻiliahi
- Kumu Hula Kamaka Kukona and Hālau O Ka Hanu Lehua
- Nā Kumu Hula Kapono’ai Moliatu and Sissy Lake Farm with Hālau Nā Hanona Kulike O Piʻilani
- Kumu Hula Hōkūlani Holt and Pāʻū O Hiʻiaka
Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or low-back beach chairs* to relax on the lawn in an informal local-style, family-friendly atmosphere.
Chair seating will be available for kupuna so that all generations can enjoy the evening.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase, including food trucks serving up a variety of tasty meals and desserts.
Band merchandise will be available including CDs, shirts, Niʻihau earrings and jewelry.
For more information about this event, visit https://mauiarts.org/calendar.