Maui Fourth of July DUI EnforcementJuly 2, 2019, 3:30 PM HST · Updated July 2, 3:32 PM 0 Comments
Starting this Thursday, July 4, 2019 and continuing through the weekend, the Maui Police Department’s Traffic Division will be conducting sobriety check points and saturation patrols at various locations to address impaired driving over the Fourth of July weekend.
“As always, motorist can expect the Maui Police Department to take a zero tolerance approach to impaired driving. Our goal is to promote voluntarily compliance of all traffic laws and reduce motor vehicle crashes on our roadways,” police said in a press release announcement.
- The Maui Police Department’s Traffic Division is also asking for the public’s assistance in helping to keep roadways safe for by following the following tips:Plan a safe way home before you start celebrating.
- Before drinking, designate a sober driver. If you wait until you are impaired, you are more likely to make a bad decision.
- If you have been drinking, utilize UBER or LYFT, take a taxi, or call a sober friend or family member.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, call the Maui Police Department to report it. You could save a life.
- If you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, be a true friend and take his or her keys.
- Help them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely.
- Please celebrate safely this Fourth of July. Think Before You Drink.