Maui Non Profit Directors Announce Nominees for Annual Awards
The Maui Nonprofit Directors Association today announced nominees for its upcoming annual awards event.
Lt. Governor Josh Green will be the keynote speaker, with remarks from Mayor Michael Victorino, at the Maui Nonprofit Directors Annual Meeting and Leadership Awards on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center. The events start at 5:30 p.m. with heavy pūpū and no-host cocktails. (Note date change)
The 2020 board of directors will also be installed and the MNPD Humanitarian, Business and Nonprofit Director of the Year will be recognized.
Humanitarian of the Year Nominees
- Mona Cherry-nominated by Mental Health of America
- Maureen Marrs & Anne Leuteneker- nominated by Friends of the Children’s Justice Center
- Mercer “Chubby” Vicens- nominated by MEO
- Eddie Domingo- nominated by MEO
- Leonardo Sequeira- nominated by MEO
- Gerry Smith- nominated by MEO BDC
- Cliff Alakai- nominated by MEO
- Dr. Michael E. Kim- nominated by Maui Family Support Services
Business of the Year Nominees
- Mana Foods- nominated by The Pa’ia Youth and Cultural Center
- Hawai’i Community Foundation- nominated by MEO
- The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villa & The Westin Nanea Ocean Villlas- nominated by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Maui
- Expojah Band – nominated by ‘Ohana Makamae, Inc.
Nonprofit Director of the Year Nominees
- Susan White- ED, The Pa’ia Youth Council, Inc.
- Debbie Cabebe- CEO, Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.
Tickets are on sale now for $35 for non members and no cost to MNPD members.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.mauinonprofit.org and click on event-registration. The registration deadline is Oct. 11, 2019.