Road Closures Scheduled for Maui MarathonOctober 9, 2019, 10:09 AM HST · Updated October 9, 10:09 AM 2 Comments
Drivers are being advised of road closures and traffic delays this Sunday, Oct. 13 for the 49th annual Maui Marathon.
Here is a schedule of closures:
- Cane Haul Road crossing Veterans Highway: Traffic will be stopped from 5 a.m. to 5:10 a.m.
- Kuihelani Highway/Dairy Road/Puʻunēnē Avenue intersection will be regulated by off-duty police officers from 4:30 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Kuihelani Highway, outer Kahului bound lane, from Puʻunēnē Avenue to Honoapiʻilani Highway will be closed to allow for a large safe travel area for runners while leaving the inner lane open for vehicular traffic.
- Honoapiilani Highway, Wailuku bound lanes within the Pali tunnel, will be closed from 5:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. to give runners safe travel through the tunnel. Two off-duty police officers, one on each side, will be posted at the tunnel and alternate traffic flow through the tunnel.
- Entire length of Front Street, Wailuku (south) bound lane only, will be closed from 4:15 a.m. to about 1 p.m.
- The entire mauka lane of Kāʻanapali Parkway will be closed for the duration of the event and will result in contraflow of traffic to resorts and Whalers Village.
- Set-up of finish line will start Saturday and traffic on the Kāʻanapali Parkway mauka lane specifically from the Westin Maui Resort & Spa and Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel will be closed. Contraflow of traffic will be established to resorts and Whalers Village.
- Kekaʻa Drive will be closed from the Kualapa Loop to the Kāʻanapali Parkway from 2 a.m. to 1 p.m. Traffic from the Royal Lahaina Resort and residents will enter and exit from the Honoapiʻilani Highway. Entry to Kāʻanapali Parkway will only be accessible from Honoapiʻilani Highway.
Several off-duty Maui police officers will be posted throughout the course directing traffic.
Motorists are being asked to drive safely and be aware of runners.
For more information, click here.
Scroll Down to Read 2 Comments