Maui Discussion

Ask the Mayor: Reporting a Damaged Streetlight

January 12, 2020, 12:02 PM HST
* Updated January 12, 11:23 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

File photo by Wendy Osher.

Mayor Michael Victorino answers some of the most-asked questions

Q: How do I report a streetlight that’s out near my home? I’m worried it might be difficult for elderly people driving at night.

A: Mahalo for asking this question because I believe it’s a good reminder for the public.

Please report streetlight outages to Maui Electric Company by calling its 24-hour trouble line at 871-7777 on Maui and (877) 871-8461 on Molokai and Lanai. You can also go online to

MECO will ask you for the number located on the pole and the location of the streetlight. It’s important to report nonworking streetlights when you see them to help improve safety of our roadways. Mahalo for your assistance.


Want to Ask the Mayor?


Submit your Maui County related questions to Mayor Michael Victorino by email at [email protected], by phone at 270-7855 or by mail at 200 S. High St., ninth floor, Wailuku 96793. Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column; to request a personal response to a concern, email [email protected]

Make the most of your Maui vacation with these top-rated activities: Maui Top 20: Maui Visitor & Tourism Information
E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments