Teresa Shook is Back for Maui Women’s March 2020
The Maui Women’s March and Festival takes place this Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020, starting at 8 a.m. at the University of Hawaiʻi Maui College front lawn. The march portion of the event starts at 9 a.m.
The founder of the National Women’s March movement, Teresa Shook of Maui, will be the keynote speaker. Shook is a resident of Hāna, Maui and a retired attorney who provided the vision for march three years ago.
The peaceful march and festival aims to continue sending a message that women’s rights are human’s rights. Organizers are also proclaiming the importance of social and economic equality for all.
The event also features booths and live music.
Schedule of Events:
- 8 a.m. festival opens with food trucks, booths and music
- 8:30 a.m. Speeches
- 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Leiʻohu Ryder Opening Ceremony
- 8:45 to 9 a.m. Teresa Shook – Keynote Speaker
- 9 a.m. The March begins
- 9:30 a.m. Entertainment begins
- 9:30 tp 10 a.m. Awesomystics
- 10 to 10:10 a.m. Skylar Masuda
- 10:10 to 10:40 a.m. Struck by Seda
- 10:40 to 10:50 a.m. Ono Maui Shakespeare
- 10:50 to 11:10 a.m. Deborah Vial Band
- 11:10 to 11:20 a.m. Eliza
- 11:20 to noon Shea Derrick’s Band
- 12 p.m. end of festival