BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE: Rising Sun Solar Makes Commitment to Public Health Guidelines
Maui-based Rising Sun Solar issued an open letter assuring customers and the community at large of the company’s commitment to follow public health emergency guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Matias Besasso, the company’s CEO and founder provided the following highlights of steps Rising Sun is taking to protect its employees, customers and the broader community:
- Moving customer communication and transactions to email, telephone and other remote solutions.
- Requiring all field employees who report cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home with no exceptions
- Restricting employee business travel for all nonessential meetings and events.
- Discouraging employee personal travel outside of Hawaiʻi and requiring those employees stay home for at least 14 days when they return.
- Regularly cleaning surfaces in all work areas with medical grade disinfectant wipes and providing hand sanitizer and soap to all employees.
“Although these steps are an inconvenience to business as usual, Rising Sun continues to operate normally providing solar solutions and service to thousands of customers throughout the State of Hawaiʻi. Customer site visits and installations will continue under this new guidance until further notice,” said Besasso.
“Rising Sun cares deeply for its employees and community, who are the life blood of our business. As we work through the health and economic challenges brought on by COVID-19, in addition to our paid time off benefit, we are expanding emergency provisions for our staff so that our people do not have to choose between health and work,” said Besasso.
Customers with specific questions regarding personal situations are advised to contact their project manager or the company’s office at (808) 575-2202.