Immigrant Services Division Protocols Modified in Response to COVID-19March 20, 2020, 7:47 PM HST · Updated March 21, 6:51 AM 0 Comments
The County of Maui Department of Housing and Human Concerns, Immigrant Services Division, announces the following protocol response to prevent and minimize the spread of COVID-19 within its division and among members of the public. These include:
- Immediate suspension of walk-in services and inquiries at all Immigrant Services Division locations on Maui, Molokai and Lanai.
- All services will be provided by appointment ONLY. In-person contact will be replaced with telephone appointments and emails for general information inquiries, case questions or status requests. In-person appointments will be based solely upon critical case needs as determined by case workers. To schedule an appointment, call a division office in Wailuku, 270-7791; Molokai, 553-5072; or Lanai, 565-6679. Personnel will strive to respond to all messages within one business day.
- Additionally, for in-person appointment requests, Immigrant Services personnel will conduct telephone screenings with three questions: 1) Have you been ill? 2) Have you traveled recently? 3) Has anyone in the family been sick?
- If you have an in-person appointment, please do not arrive more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you are feeling sick, please call to cancel and re-schedule your appointment(s).
- Immigration Services clients with an in-person appointment are asked to attend by themselves, or no more than two people. (For example, please do not bring additional family members/sponsors, including older adults, pregnant women and children.)
- To address any overflow concerns and for social distancing purposes, Immigration Services Division in Wailuku has reduced its waiting area capacity to a maximum of four persons. Once capacity is reached, clients will be asked for a contact number and instructed to wait outside to be called when staff is ready to conduct an appointment.
- Any member of the public who presents with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be asked to re-schedule their appointment as soon as they are well.
General information and resources on COVID-19 (coronavirus) can be found on Maui County’s website at mauicounty.gov.
For more information, call Maui County Immigrant Services Division at (808) 270-7791.