Maui News

Kula Home Fire Believed to be Accidental, Portable Gas Cooking Stove Left On

October 2, 2020, 1:59 PM HST
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

Maui Now

A two-story Kula home sustained major damage in a structure fire reported Thursday afternoon on Naʻalae Road.

Fire officials say the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, cause by a portable gas cooking stove left on inside the home.  According to department reports, the structure is believed to be used as office space and no injuries were reported.

The fire occurred at 1:20 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 1, and was extinguished by 5:18 p.m.

Units responding to the scene included: Engine 5, Engine 13 and Hazmat 10

Damage estimates were not available at last report.  Extensive damage was reported to the second story and roof of the structure.

Make the most of your Maui vacation with these top-rated activities: Maui Top 20: Maui Visitor & Tourism Information
E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments