Mo‘omomi Fire on Moloka‘i Likely Accidentally Sparked by Overheated Vehicle

October 6, 2020, 2:38 PM HST · Updated October 6, 2:38 PM
1 Comment
×

A brush fire in Moʻomomi on Molokaʻi came within 50 feet of a home before being brought under control on Monday afternoon.

Fire officials say the fire burned a total of 10 acres and is believed to have been accidentally started by a vehicle that had overheated.

SPONSORED VIDEO

The fire was reported at 2:03 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 5, 2020.  Fire crews had the fire 100% contained by 2:54 p. m. and extinguished by 5:12 p.m.

Crews responding to the scene included Engine 9, Engine 4 and Tanker 4.

Print

Share this Article

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 1 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments