Chamber of Commerce Hawaiʻi Hosts Virtual ‘Chamber Week’ Jan. 19-21
This year, Chamber of Commerce Hawaiʻi will host its annual Chamber Week virtually due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The free event runs Jan. 19-21 and is themed: “Pushing Forward, Together.”
Chamber Week 2021 will include a panel discussion and presentation of pivot success stories, forecast on legislative initiatives, a meet-and-greet with state legislators, trivia fun with young professionals and a host of networking opportunities.
This event series is presented in partnership with Hawaiʻi Island Chamber of Commerce, Kauaʻi Chamber of Commerce, Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, Maui Chamber of Commerce and Molokaʻi Chamber of Commerce.
For registration and more info, visit cochawaii.org/events. Chamber Week 2021 is sponsored by The Queen’s Health System and is open to all free of charge. Fee registration options include food and drinks to support local restaurants.
“More citizens voted in 2020 in both local and national elections and we were inspired to boldly launch a candidate endorsement process,” Chamber President & CEO Sherry Menor-McNamara said. “Chamber Week is an opportunity for elected officials to hear directly from our businesses.”
January 20 is the opening of the Hawaiʻi State Legislature and the presidential inauguration. The Chamber is asking businesses across the state to join the Chamber for a week of participatory democracy and strengthen relationships with the Hawaiʻi State Legislature to inform them about the business community’s most pressing issues.
A new event for this year is “Elevating Voices from the Classroom,” which will showcase legislators and students as they answer the questions: What is a challenge in your community and what is a potential solution? This panel is an opportunity for students, teachers, legislators and industry partners to connect.
The events are as follows:
Tuesday, Jan. 19
- 10 – 11 am: #4HI Pushing Forward, Together presented by First Insurance Company of Hawaiʻi. Attendees will meet Hawaiʻi’s new government leaders who are focused on working together with Hawaiʻi’s business community to find solutions for the economy.
- 12 – 1 pm: Elevating Voices from the Classroom. Attendees will hear from youth — including students from Kapolei, James Campbell, Pearl City and Waipahu high schools — as they advocate for issues and seek solutions
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: YP Trivia Night – Policy is Not Trivia, But Tonight, It’s a Game! Attendees will come together for an evening of fun and games, during which young professionals can test their knowledge of current events and the legislature.
Wednesday, Jan. 20
- 1 – 2 pm: From Hawaii to the Hill: Legislative & Policy Outlook Webinar. Attendees will hear from experts on 2021 legislation that will impact the business community, learn how the legislative process works locally and nationally, the benefits of joining a Chamber policy committee and getting involved to help support their business.
Thursday, Jan. 21
- 10 – 11 am: Voice of Business Panel Discussion WEBINAR – Attendees will hear stories and lessons learned from local business leaders who pivoted for success during the pandemic.
- 5:30 – 7 pm: Legislative Meet & Greet Virtual Reception. Attendees will be able to network with legislators from the safety of their home/work office and share their thoughts with legislators according to their county in separate Zoom breakout rooms.