Hawai‘i House Committees to Hold First Hearing of 2021 Session
The 18 standing committees of the Hawai’i House of Representatives will begin virtual hearings today to consider the more than 1,000 bills introduced in the 2021 session.
In all, 1,397 House-sponsored bills were introduced and passed first reading.
House standing committees will be accepting both written and remote testimony via Zoom during the 2021 session. Anyone interested in submitting written testimony or testifying remotely must first create an account on the Legislature’s website www.capitol.hawaii.gov.
Testifiers have the option of: (1) submitting written online testimony; or (2) submitting written testimony and requesting to participate remotely to provide oral testimony. Everyone wanting to participate in the House’s virtual hearings are strongly encouraged to submit their written testimony at least 24 hours prior to the hearing.
Standing Committee hearing notices are posted 48 hours prior to the hearing. As of Monday, 5 p.m., the following committee hearings have been scheduled:
Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2021
- 8:30 a.m. Committee on Energy & Environmental Protection
- 9 a.m. Committee on Water & Land
- 9 a.m. Committee on Labor & Tourism
- 9:30 a.m. Committee on Health, Human Services, & Homelessness
- 9:45 a.m. Committee on Pandemic & Disaster Preparedness
- 2 p.m. Committee on Judiciary & Hawaiian Affairs
Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2021
- 8:30 a.m. Committee on Government Reform
- 9:30 a.m. Committee on Economic Development
- 10 a.m. Committee on Corrections, Military, & Veterans
- 10 a.m. Committee on Culture, Arts, & International Affairs
- 10 a.m. Committee on Agriculture
- 2u p.m. Committee on Higher Education & Technology
Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021
- 8:30 a.m. Committee on Pandemic & Disaster Preparedness
- 9 a.m. Committee on Housing
- 11 a.m. Joint Committees on Pandemic & Disaster Preparedness and Economic Development
To register with the Hawaiʻi Legislature in order to submit a written testimony, please visit: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/login/register.aspx