Maui Crime April 4-10, 2021: Burglaries, Break-ins, Thefts
* Updated April 13, 6:29 AM
Maui police responded to four burglaries, seven vehicle thefts and four vehicle break-ins in Maui County over a seven day period from April 4-10, 2021.
The percentage of burglary cases decreased 50 percent from the week before when eight incidents were reported. Vehicle thefts decreased 22 percent from the week before when nine incidents were reported. Vehicle break-ins decreased 43 percent from the week before when seven incidents were reported.
Below is a complete list of incidents and the time and locations of when and where each occurred.
- Thursday, April 8, 9:30 a.m.: 200 block of Kaiwi St., Kaunakakai. Residential, unlawful entry.
- Wednesday, April 7, 1:38 p.m.: 1800 block of Kaʻahele, Kīhei. Residential, forced entry.
- Wednesday, April 7, 6:34 p.m.: 3600 block of Lower Honoapiʻilani Road, Nāpili. Residential, forced entry.
- Sunday, April 4, 8:52 p.m.: 3500 block of Malina Place, Wailea. Residential, unlawful entry.
7 Vehicle Thefts
- Sunday, April 4, 5:14 p.m.: 10200 Hāna Highway, Haʻikū at Twin Falls. Jeep, white.
- Tuesday, April 6, 9:22 p.m.: 100 block of Kāne St., Kahului. Ford, white.
- Friday, April 9, 8:20 a.m.: 1-100 Nana Pono Place, Kula. Toyota, grey.
- Thursday, April 8, 12:46 p.m.: 272 Pualei Drive, Lahaina at Puamana Park. Chrysler, red.
- Friday, April 9, 7:15 p.m.: 100 block of Kūʻau Beach Place, Pāʻia. Dodge, grey.
- Monday, April 5, 10:48 a.m.: 3530 Kahekili Highway, Waiheʻe at Mendes Ranch. Ford, red.
- Friday, April 9, 9:20 a.m.: 493 Piʻo Place, Wailuku at Puʻuone Terrace. Nissan, blue.
4 Vehicle Break-ins
- Sunday, April 4, 10:08 p.m.: 200 block of Alamaha Ave., Kahului. Nissan, red.
- Wednesday, April 7, 9:49 a.m.: 101 Pākaula St., Kahului at Walmart. Jeep, red.
- Friday, April 9, 7:51 p.m.: 100 block of Alalani St., Pukalani. Mercedes-Benz, blue.
- Monday, April 5, 4 p.m.: Waiʻale Rd., Wailuku at Waiʻale Park. Lexus, silver.