UH Prepares for Crowds, Fans Encouraged to Download LumiSight UH App
The University of Hawaiʻi is excited to welcome more fans back to UH sporting events on the Mānoa campus as City and County of Honolulu Mayor Rick Blangiardi announced on Wednesday, Oct. 27 that the COVID-19 crowd capacity restrictions would be lifted beginning Wednesday, Nov. 3.
The first event under the updated rules will be on Nov. 3, a Rainbow Wahine basketball exhibition game versus Hawaiʻi Pacific University. The first UH football home game is Saturday, Nov. 6 versus nationally ranked San Diego State. The next Rainbow Wahine volleyball match at home is Nov. 12 against UC Irvine.
Season ticket holders will be contacted via email to purchase individual game tickets. Those who are not season ticket holders, can expect more details that are forthcoming on how to purchase individual game tickets and parking.
The public can monitor the hawaiiathletics.com website, social media accounts and local media for ticket and parking information.
Those planning to attend a UH sporting event, are asked to:
- Upload your vaccination information into the LumiSight UH app at least 3 days before the event – this will allow sufficient time for your information to be verified.
- On the day of the event, complete the health questionnaire in the LumiSight UH App before arriving on campus.
UH Fans must show proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to enter the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex and the SimpliFi Arena at Stan Sheriff Center. Uploading vaccination information and checking in with the LumiSight UH app will help reduce long lines and keep the flow of pedestrian traffic moving, according to a UH announcement.
UH provided the following checklist for game day attendees:
- Download the LumiSight UH daily health check app.
- Upload your vaccination information to the LumiSight UH app as soon as possible (at least 3 days before the first game or match to allow time for verification).
- On the day of the event, you must complete the LumiSight UH daily health screening for COVID-19 symptoms and possible exposure, which takes less than a minute.
- Everyone must present the green “You may report to campus” status with the current date on the app to enter the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex and the SimpliFi Arena at Stan Sheriff Center.
- Fans will also be able to show their vaccine cards on site and answer the COVID-19 health check questionnaire but should expect longer wait times to enter.
- All fans are encouraged to arrive early.
- Wear face masks at all times at the event, indoors and outdoors, except when drinking water.
A complete list of fan requirements is available at HawaiiAthletics.com.