Cameron Center Seeks Volunteers for Sentry Golf Tournament of Champions
The J. Walter Cameron Center in Wailuku is seeking volunteers to help the Center in directing the parking of cars at the Sentry Tournament of Champions event happening during the first week of January 2022.
Executive Director Cesar Gaxiola said volunteer work begins on Monday, Jan. 3 and ends on Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. This is a major annual fund-raising event for the Center.
Volunteers will be directing parking at the Plantation Course site in two shifts. The first shift is from 7 a.m. to noon and the second shift is from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The shifts are the same on all six days. There are 14 shifts in total over the six days event. A total of 16 volunteers are needed for each shift.
Volunteer Activity Description
- Volunteers to flag vehicles into parking lot and signal location of parking areas (Volunteers not allowed to drive other people vehicles)
- Bring personal umbrella, chair, and raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses are highly recommended to bring
- Water and lunch will be provided by the Cameron Center
- Portable facilities available within brief walking distance
- Safety vest to be provided by the Cameron Center for the time of volunteering
Interested individuals can contact Gaxiola at [email protected], or call him at 808-244-5546, no later than Monday, Dec. 20, 2021, to volunteer. The fundraising effort will benefit the Cameron Center’s nonprofit community of 18 agencies and organizations serving low-income community of Maui since 1973.