Maui Ocean Center Celebrates the Return of Humpback Whales with Educational Fun
The Maui Ocean Center takes an in-depth look into humpback whales as they return to Hawaiʻi for the winter, and invites the public to explore their exciting and mysterious undersea world.
Guests can get an up-close encounter with life-sized 3D whales in the Maui Ocean Center’s state-of-the-art Sphere theater, or explore interactive exhibits, informational kiosks, and find other educational opportunities.
Here’s what’s in store for this whale season at Maui Ocean Center:
- In-park learning opportunities presented by knowledgable National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration volunteers, including:
- Engaging educational activities for keiki (children) and adults at Nalu Lawn on Nov. 20 and 27
- Exclusive showing of Humpback Whales in the Makai Theater on Nov. 20 and 27 (showings every hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. — final showing at 3 p.m. First come, first served; seating is limited)
- Come prepared with questions! NOAA volunteers will be in our Humpbacks of Hawaiʻi exhibit every Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Maui Ocean Center’s Whale Celebrations:
- One of a kind experience with life-sized humpbacks in our 3D Sphere theater (showings every half hour, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — final showing at 4 p.m.)
- Interactive and informative Humpbacks of Hawaiʻi exhibit
- “Did You Know” fun facts about humpbacks throughout the park
- NEW at Maui Ocean Center:
- Peer through binoculars at our 100% sustainable Seascape Restaurant and watch live humpbacks frolic in Māʻalaea Harbor
Ticket reservations are available at www.mauioceancenter.com
*Complimentary parking is available at Maui Ocean Center for kamaʻāina and Nā Hoa Kai members. Parking is $1/hour for visitors. Follow parking signage for directions to appropriate lot and follow PARKLINQ’s posted signs for instructions and payment.