Maui News

Four people displaced by electrical fire at apartment in Nāpili

Play
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00
A
A
A

Four people were displaced by an electrical fire at the Coconut Inn Apartments in Nāpili Friday night.

The incident was reported at 6:41 p.m. on March 4, 2022.

Fire officials say crews arrived on scene to find smoke and fire within the wall space of an apartment unit. Occupants reported a glowing electrical outlet, according to department reports.

Crews opened the wall space in an attempt to extinguish the fire, and were able to contain the blaze to a single apartment unit.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the structure.

Smoke alarms were present and activated within the apartment.

Responding units included: Engine 3, Ladder 3, Engine 11, and Hazmat 10.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

Caseworkers with the Red Cross will continue to follow up with individuals affected in the coming weeks to provide referrals, guidance or additional assistance as needed to help with the recovery process.  

Sponsored Content

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
×
Make the most of your Maui vacation with these top-rated activities: Maui Top 20: Maui Visitor & Tourism Information

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments