Six Maui Finalists Selected for APEC Business ShowcaseAugust 9, 2011, 1:18 PM HST (Updated August 9, 2011, 1:18 PM) · 0 Comments
The APEC Hawaii Host Committee today announced the selection of 35 Hawai‘i businesses for the APEC 2011 Hawai‘i Business Innovation Showcase, including six finalists from Maui County.
The finalists, six on Hawai‘i Island, three on Kauai, six on Maui and 20 on Oahu, will receive Recognition of Excellence awards from their respective county. In addition, a winner from each county and one overall statewide winner will be selected Sept. 6, and will receive recognition at various APEC 2011 Hawaii programs, as well as through other media opportunities.
The following Maui companies will have a chance to showcase their products and services to an international audience during APEC 2011 Leaders’ Week in November:
- Functional Nutriments, LLC. Apocaps cancer therapeutics using plant-based phytochemicals.
- Grower’s Secret, Inc. Increasing food safety through organic agricultural supplements.
- HNU-Energy Custom-engineered renewable energy technology through research and development.
- Noni Biotech, International. Bringing Hawaiian Noni to the world.
- Pacific Biodiesel, Inc. Aina Mo Project uses biodiesel by-product to preserve taro cultivation.
- Westec Environmental Solutions. Air pollution and greenhouse gas control.