Vehicle Thefts on Maui Nov. 27 to Dec. 3, 2011December 8, 2011, 6:46 PM HST · Updated December 9, 11:33 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
There were 8 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between November 27 and December 3, 2011.
Four of the incidents were in Kihei. The rest of the car thefts were spread throughout the island with individual incidents reported in Kahului, Makawao, Pukalani, and Wailuku.
Two of the vehicles stolen have since been recovered.
The types of vehicles taken included three motorcycles/mopeds, three cars, and two trucks/suvs.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, 12/3/11, 5 p.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at the Kaahumanu Center West Parking Structure, Level 3. 2002 Silver Toyota Tacoma, MJS358.
- Monday, 11/28/11, 8 p.m.: South Kihei Road at Paradise Gardens Apartments. 1998 Red/Black Suzuki GSXR motorcycle, 905MVD.
- Sunday, 11/27/11, 7 p.m.: Mapu Place. 2000 Silver/Blue Toyota Tundra, MFS188.
- Friday, 12/2/11, 9:40 p.m.: Kanani Road at the Hale Kanani Parking lot. 2002 White Dodge Neon, RECOVERED.
- Wednesday, 11/30/11, 8:08 p.m. South Kihei Road at Hale Kamaole. 2011 Red moped. VIN: RFGBSIAJXA35T2877.
- Sunday, 11/27/11, 4:43 p.m.: Near Laie Drive and Makawao Avenue. 1999 Silver Isuzu Rodeo, MRE157.
- Monday, 11/28/11, 1 a.m.: Halaulani Street. 1986 White Mazda B2000. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, 11/27/11, 1:30 p.m.: North Market Street, at the county parking lot. 2006 Black with Gray flames, Kawasaki Ninja 250 motorcycle, 100MVK.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.